Thursday, January 2, 2014

Setting Goals for 2014


I started off 2013 with some lofty goals.  400 miles and 2 half marathons.  I didn't get nearly where I wanted to, and it would be easy to blame it all on my broken foot in July.  You can see the huge dip in my runs, I only ended up with just under 300 miles (in addition to my Nike Fuel below, I had a few runs on RunKeeper, which just didn't do it for me).



What I did accomplish was a few REALLY important things.


  1. My average pace went down by 45 seconds/mile.  That's huge.  Really, I traded distance for speed.
  2. I ran a number of races by myself, proving that running is here to stay for me, and not just "a thing I do with some friends every now and then", and most importantly,
  3. I made and kept a commitment while healing my foot fracture that being healthy and STRONG was my number one priority.  
What that means in day to day life is that I either run, bike or do strength training five days a week.  This has made a huge difference in how I feel every day, and my overall strength level.

So as I start 2014, that is my 1st priority...5 days a week.  I am shooting for 2 halfs again this year, and I am shooting for 450 miles.  

2014 is the year of consistency and focus.  And no excuses.

What are your goals for 2014?

No comments:

Post a Comment