Thursday, November 7, 2013

Patience is not my strong suit

I signed up for this race a long time ago with my friend Kari.  I ran it last year, and was able to run the whole thing (S-L-O-W-L-Y).  My mileage was where it needed to be, and we decided to do a run-walk, just in case.

It's called The Devil Made Me Do It, and people dress up.  It's a 6.66 mile race (or, a 3.33 mile race for those "less devilish").  Like a great buddy, race day Kari picked me up, costume on, ready to run.



By mile 2 my previously broken foot was screaming.  I decided to back off, and only run the 3.33 miles.  My awesome friend stuck with me.

I think it was a good decision, because I've had 4 runs since then, all pain free.  What happened??  Was it the first cold run of the season?  Did I psyche myself out?  Was it just not my day?  Later in the day, after my beloved ice bath, Kari texted me "patience grasshoppa".

Yeah.  Right.

No comments:

Post a Comment